O. Brant Nikolaus, M.D.
O. Brant Nikolaus, M.D.
Dr. Nikolaus specializes in
- Meniscus Surgery
- Total Knee replacement
- Partial Knee replacement
- Complex Knee replacement
- Revision Knee replacement
- Periprosthetic hip and knee fractures
- Upper extremity fractures
- Hip fractures
- Femur fractures
- Tibia fractures
- Ankle fractures
- St. Mark's Hospital
- St. Mark's Outpatient Surgery Center
Dr. Nikolaus is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip and knee reconstruction. As a "Joints specialist", this includes hip and knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and complex revision hip and knee reconstruction.
Dr. Nikolaus is originally from rural Arizona but moved to St. George, UT while in high school, so he likes to claim both as home. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Utah on an academic scholarship. He was at the top of his class, graduating Summa Cum Laude with an Honors Bachelors Degree. He then attended the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota for his medical school education.
He then stayed in Rochester, completing his orthopedic surgery residency at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. He had the opportunity to train with the world leaders in orthopedic surgery and published several research articles and book chapters in the medical literature. In addition, he was able to present his research at multiple regional and national orthopedic meetings.
After completing residency, Dr. Nikolaus spent an additional year of subspecialty training in advanced hip and knee reconstruction at the OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Dr. Nikolaus is happy to be back in Utah with his wife and their 4 children. He is looking forward to serving Salt Lake City and the surrounding communities for many years to come.
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine-Rochester, Minnesota
Residency- Orthopedic Surgery
- Mayo Clinic-Rochester, Minnesota
Fellowship- Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Board Eligible by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Utah State Orthopedic Society (USOS)
Click here to view Publications & Presentations of O. Brant Nikolaus, M.D.