Jeffrey D. Jackson, M.D.
Jeffrey D. Jackson, M.D.
Dr. Jackson specializes in
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder instability surgery
- Total and reverse shoulder replacement
- Meniscus Surgery
- ACL reconstruction
- Cartilage preservation surgery of the knee
- Total and partial knee replacement
- St. Mark's Hospital
- St. Mark's Outpatient Surgery Center
- Intermountain Medical Center
- Cottonwood Surgical Center
As a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, his practice is focused on treating injuries to the shoulder, knee, and hip. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques to address many orthopedic conditions. These techniques are less painful and can help the patient return to their sport, work, and full activity sooner. His goal is to provide each patient with the same excellent service and compassionate care that he would offer to a member of his family.
Dr. Jackson grew up in Salt Lake City and completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Utah on an academic scholarship. He later graduated from the University of Utah School of Medicine as one of the top students in his class and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
Dr. Jackson completed his orthopedic surgery training at the Mayo Clinic. He had the opportunity to train with the world leaders in orthopedic surgery and published several research articles and book chapters in the medical literature.
After completing his residency, Dr. Jackson completed the Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute (SCOI). He received specialized training in arthroscopic surgery, complex shoulder issues, and sports injuries. He worked with athletes of all levels, including high school, college, the NBA, and the NFL.
He currently enjoys working as the team physician for the Salt Lake Real Women’s Soccer Team and the Salt Lake City Moose hockey team. He also enjoys taking care of local high school football teams and used to work as the team physician for the Salt Lake Bees, AAA baseball team.
Dr. Jackson currently serves as a board member for the Utah Orthopedic Society (UOS) and also serves on the Board of Councilors for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS). He is a member of the AAOS and the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).
- University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
Residency- Orthopedic Surgery
- Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota
Fellowship- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Southern California Orthopedic Institute (SCOI), Los Angeles, California
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Utah Orthopedic Society (UOS)
Click here to view Publications & Presentations of Jeffrey D. Jackson, M.D.